SevenDead

Just a personal blog of random thoughts and spewage.

10.28.2005

Lots going on

To start off. I'll be starting a new job November 7th. Looking forward to being a real employee of a company where whatever contributions I make have the potential to be recognized, not to mention actually getting benefits and such. Was getting a little burned out putting an average of 1000 miles a week in drive time too. New job will be doing support for a big company under contract with a bigger company :)

While I was doing all that driving I started listening to podcasts once or twice a week. Thought I would list the ones I liked and would feel comfortable passing on.

TWiT This Week in Tech - Some of the folks from TechTV, excellent production values, good most of the time except when Dvorak mouths off excessivly.

Security Now - Most concise, informative podcast in the list, it is a spin off from TWiT and related to all things security and your computer. 30 minutes long and worth every tick of the clock.

Geek Foo Action Grip - Gaming, writing, essay, SciFi, etc. Is a fun listen, Mur Lafferty writes for the gaming industry and also has a spin off podcast called I Should be Writing that does not have as much bang for the buck for me but I listen just the same.

I subscribe to these through ITunes, but there are plenty of other ways to get them. I'll post about some video, what will probably come to be known as IPTV, later but for now I need to comment on production quality on podcasts. Some of the just really SUCK. You have to ownder if the folks making them even bother listening to them before they post them for download. I'll also post a few names later of shows I listen to (sometimes grudgingly) but the content is often good, and I force myself to get over the fact these folks don't know what a fucking sound level is.

The city whacked down 3 trees in our front yard after butchering them because they had overgrown the power lines. Getting some extra light in the yard now which is kinda weird but we'll get used to it. Not looking forward to grinding those stumps, that is for sure!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home