SevenDead

Just a personal blog of random thoughts and spewage.

9.06.2005

Haven't felt much like posting anything for a few days. First it was hurricane info overload and you can get as much info as you can stnad everywhere else about that. I will say that we hope folks get settled and returned to some sort of normalized way of life as soon as possible.

The brings me to something quite annoying in blogs and it is something all the more annoying because I do it too. Reblogging. I myself don't feel so bad because not that many folks read my page. I am getting hits from some odd places but still a hit or two a day does not make me feel like I am wasting anyones time when I reblog something.

I read a few gadget sites and you are pretty much sure to see something posted on 2 out of 3 and if it gets two it will get the 3rd in a day or so. Same thing goes for some of the MMPORPG blogs. Heck it even has a tendancy to cross games sometimes. I read a couple WoW sites, some EQ2 sites (thats the one I play) and then a couple non-specific sites. Never fails one will post the "big story or controvercy" about the other game from time to time. I just sort of find it lame. They all read each other so they know it is already posted. Find something else to post or at least put a decent spin on it.

This brings me to another rant. How do the people at my work know when to send me out of town for a few days when it will effect my gaming the most. Happens every freakin time.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/9/05 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking of wierd MMORG stuff, I heard a guy in japan was arrested for stealing virtual items in a game. It looks like every law of the land may start to apply to virtual reality. I thought we started VR to escape and try different reality.

     
  • At 9/9/05 6:40 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Only way to escape reality is to go somewhere with none of the stupid people present.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home