SevenDead

Just a personal blog of random thoughts and spewage.

8.12.2005

In response to a comment from my last post... here are a couple of links. View the earth from the current position of your favorite satellite. I chose Sirius - 1 the first time since they keep me entertained all day while driving.

The 2nd link is Google Maps, which may one day replace Mapquest for giving me directions on how to get from point A to point B. Google maps has the regular street map feature, but adds the arrows on the roads to let you know whether they are one way, etc. One guy apparently used it to get out of a speeding ticket. (If i find that link, I'll include it later) Another feature is the satellite imagery down to pretty decent magnification of the locations your are searching. So John, you'll not need that camera you are waiting for. Lastly, google maps has provided the info you need to program apps using their maps. I will also link some of these I like later, right now I have to finish prepping for my trip to here.

(Edit)
Here is one of those google map hacks I mentioned.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/8/05 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, but with that resolution how can I tell if I need to clean off my roof?

     
  • At 12/8/05 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your hack link doesn't work in IE. It does work in firefox.

     
  • At 12/8/05 1:05 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Yeah, it seems IE has a problem displaying that in a table. It's mentioned on the page to view it in Firefox, which honestly I use for most everything anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home