SevenDead

Just a personal blog of random thoughts and spewage.

3.08.2006

Frustration

After I get back from lunch I usually head out and browse some online comics. I'll give ya the links in a cluster shortly, but my frustration here is in one big one and a couple others. Back when I worked at MaxVision I used to keep up with MegaTokyo. Then I moved on to Quest and was on the road daily for 8 hours at a stretch and had no time to keep up. So now that I am behind a desk, doing support again I am blessed with a job that does not frown on the occasional web browsing. Unfortunatly the MegaTokyo site is possibly the slowest site on the net, so catching up on two years of 3 episodes a week is impossible. Damn shame at times that comic was fun.

I also read Penny Arcade quite a bit, But today the comic wont load... which prompted this post. two sites no load. BTW PA has its moments of failure in the humor department. But is worth hitting on a regular basis, the blog is good about 60% of the time as well.

GU Comics has had another one of those mysterious hardware failures. Woody seems to have this problem quite a bit. So much so that I think he does it just to garner donations / take a vacation when he is burnt out. I actually dont have that big of a problem with him holding his comic hostage for reader donations. I have gotten the most consistant enjoyment out of his comic when compared to nearly any other web comic out there other than possibly PVP online. Woody used to have a periodic drawing for an original panel as a gift to all those who donated for a month, but PayPal pulled the plug on that claiming it was gambling.

PVP online, pretty much no pain here at all. when he needs a break he just gets guest artists to have fun in his world.

Ok the List.

PVP Online
GU Comics
Penny Arcade
CTRL+ALT+DEL
Pearls Before Swine
MegaTokyo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home